Sunday, December 12, 2010

#81 We're New Here

I don't feel like explaining it, so here it is straight from www.werenewhere.com 
"In February 2010, Gil Scott-Heron released "I'm New Here", his first album in thirteen years. In August 2009, as a member of The xx (and producer) Jamie xx released his debut album "xx".
"NY Is Killing Me" is the first song from "We're New Here", Jamie xx's reworking of 13 tracks from the Gil Scott-Heron "I'm New Here" sessions."
 If you don't know who Gil Scott-Heron is, he is a living legend. He's been making music and writing for over 40 years and still going. I'll be honest though, I haven't given him enough of my time.

 If you don't know who The xx are, they're an indie rock band from London, born in 2005.


Now here is the original Gil Scott-Heron song that was reworked. Sounds nothing like the other one, really cool to see though.



No comments:

Post a Comment