Monday, November 29, 2010

#47 MBDTF

First of all, shout-out to the readers from Denmark and Croatia. Much love.


Kanye West. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. You've heard about the man, you've heard about the album. I hadn't really given it a listen until recently, and I was impressed. People I talked to said it was decent, but nothing amazing. I disagree. I actually thought it was amazing. It's not the greatest rapping ever. Kanye's bars on this don't compare to most of Andre 3000's stuff, or Tupac and Biggie, but if you take his really good lyrics and amazing production, you get a product that doesn't come around very often.

I think Kanye is absolutely insane, and getting crazier by the day, but if he keeps this music up, who cares? Deep down inside, I'm actually hoping we see something epic from him, like Michael Jackson or Prince type craziness. Who wouldn't want to grow up with a story like that evolving?

Anyway, I guess that's my first "album review". It was long over-due for this one.  Do yourself a favor and listen to it if you haven't already. Watch the movie he made with it too. Kanye is a musical genius. (too much?)

Forbes List Rating: Epic

No comments:

Post a Comment