Tuesday, November 30, 2010

#50 Broken Bells

Album review #2? I think so. This album is the self-titled album Broken Bells. The band is made up of the legendary Danger Mouse and the guitarist and singer of The Shins, James Mercer. An amazing artist from one of the great bands of our time, with one of the greatest producers ever, if you ask me, makes Broken Bell's debut album a must listen.

I first heard about this around the time it came out from my buddy Wade. What's good Wade? I was surprised that so many people haven't heard this, especially people that are Danger Mouse fans. It seems that it slipped under the radar a little bit somehow.

Well, I'm here to tell you that this album is something you should listen to, no matter who you are. If you're a fan of Danger Mouse or The Shins, you'll love this. Even if you're a fan of The Black Keys (foreshadow) or a hip-hop head, I think you can appreciate this.

They also had 4 young kids listen to every song and critique it. Definitely entertaining to watch. I wish I was one of them. (video below)

Forbes List Rating: Must Listen, Twice


No comments:

Post a Comment